The second edition of Kotlin Coroutines: Deep Dive book is finally ready!
A year has passed since the release of the book Kotlin Coroutines: Deep Dive. The first edition is still very modern, but the second edition includes a lot of new content, including a whole new part.
What is new in the second edition?
The second edition added over 100 pages of new content. The most important changes are:
- A whole new part Kotlin Coroutines in practice that covers the most typical use cases and best practices.
- Chapter Testing Flow that covers the most typical use cases and best practices for testing flow.
- Chapter Select that covers
- More flow processing functions like
The second edition has a completely new cover. The main reason for this change is to adjust the style of this cover to the Kotlin for Developers series.
Since this version, Kotlin Coroutines: Deep Dive is officially the third book of the Kotlin for Developers series. That means, it is a natural next step on the way to learn Kotlin. This does not mean you need to read the previous books first. Each book can be read independently.
The whole series includes:
- Kotlin Essentials, which covers all the basic Kotlin features.
- Functional Kotlin, which is dedicated to functional Kotlin features, including function types, lambda expressions, collection processing, DSLs, and scope functions.
- Kotlin Coroutines: Deep Dive, which covers all the features of Kotlin Coroutines, including how to use and test them, using flow, best practices, and the most common mistakes.
- Advanced Kotlin, which is dedicated to advanced Kotlin features, including generic variance modifiers, delegation, multiplatform programming, annotation processing, KSP, and compiler plugins.
- Effective Kotlin: Best Practices, which is about the best practices of Kotlin programming.
Upgrade to the second edition
If you purchased the first edition on LeanPub, you can always download the most recent version of the book.
If you purchased the first edition on Amazon, if you Tweet a photo of the book with @ktdotacademy, we will send you a coupon code for the second edition of the ebook on LeanPub.
Where can you find this book?
More about the book on this page.